How to Set Goals for 2022 and Review 2021

I was inspired this morning at 2:30 AM - Thank you Henry the Kitten for the early morning wake-up call and the zero dark thirty walk with Dakota (my 12 yr old husky.) Some days, aren't so different from being in the military :-)

I was going to publish an interview this week, but instead, I was inspired to record this podcast episode for you based on two things.  A statement that I heard yesterday that stuck with me in a weird way, and a note that a friend wrote in a holiday card.

We are going to talk about newton’s laws today too – because these two objects interacted to create this motion!


One of the most common things I hear from my high performance coaching clients is that they feel stuck, trapped in a profession that they no longer love and they aren’t quite sure what to do.  They have anxiety at work interacting with co-workers, making, literally, life and death decisions, struggling to communicate effectively with clients, and just not...

Continue Reading...

How to ADD more time!

If you've ever uttered the phrase, "But you don't understand, I just don't have enough time!"

You are not alone. 

It's one of my favorite go-to's when I'm feeling stress and overwhelm and a clue to me that I need to get off the hamster wheel, yet again, get refocused, and get back to the tried and true formulas and equations that have stopped overwhelm dead in its tracks

Are we bending time and space with a crazy mathematical equation? 

No, but that does sound like a fun way to spend a Friday afternoon (don't worry, no calculus is required for this activity!) 

To ADD more time we need to Automate, Delegate, or Delete tasks that aren't bringing us joy, can be delegated for fewer dollars per hour than we currently make, or don't need to be done by anyone.  

Remember the 80/20 rule? 20% of the activities yield 80% of the outcome.  So what are the 20% that you need to keep doing and can you delete the other 80%?  *GASP* 

I get it,...

Continue Reading...

Struggle Less and Accomplish More!

I couldn't be more excited to talk with Dr. Melanie Barham.  She unabashedly follows her dreams and turns them into reality. 

But how does she do it with such grace and apparent ease (and so quickly?!) Things like, oh, launching a global summit, successfully, in only 3 months! 

Those of you who have been following @DEMAREEDVM on social media, reading the blog, or listening to the podcast, probably already know that I'm all about finding that leverage point, that strategy, that key decision that unlocks our sticking points and catapults us forward, so I already know you'll love Dr. Melanie's insights and best tips!

We are going to answer your most pressing questions that I've been fielding all year like:

  • Is it possible to have a work-life balance AND accomplish an ambitious goal?
  • Can I have more than one priority at a time and still move a dream forward?
  • When do I know it's time to quit a project?
  • How can I apply project management and productivity hacks to...
Continue Reading...

50% Complete

Beyond The Stethoscope Newsletter

Get podcast notes delivered to your email and never miss another insight.